Preparations for the 2018 Season are underway.
The ProShop will OPEN on Monday, April 2nd – phone: 208.347.2555
We are pleased to announce the appointment of David Boles as General Manager/Resort Golf Professional at MeadowCreek Golf Resort. David will oversee all facets of operation for the ProShop and The Osprey Cafe & Snack Bar.
He was previously the GM/Golf Pro at Rolling Hills in Weiser and Scotch Pines in Payette.
Prior to his golf career, David served twenty years of Military Service, retiring as a Chief Warrant Officer in the U.S. Coast Guard.
David has an impressive golf-associated background; he began playing golf in 1980 and continued his career as follows:
- Turned professional in 1997 and successfully played professional mini-tour events for three years on the Tornado Tour based in Cleveland, OH.
- Attended and graduated from the Arizona Golf Academy at Chandler, AZ with a BA Major in Golf Complex Operations & Management and AA degree in Associate of Applied Business.
- Successfully held golf positions as First Assistant, Head Professional, Director of Golf, Director of Tournament & Golf Operations, General Manager, Golf Equipment Mechanic Course Superintendent and Food & Beverage Manager.
- College Golf Teams-Men & Women, Head Golf Coach – Treasure Valley Community College. 2012 – Voted as Coach of the Year by peer group of collegiate golf coaches of the NW Athletic Conference (NWAC).
- Since 2009 – Conducted 175 tournaments including 5-State Amateur and 1- US OPEN Qualifier events.
- Since 2001 – As an instructor has provided more than 3,000 individual lessons, 250 golf clinics and 1500 on-course playing lessons.
GM’s Friday Forum – David Boles, our General Manager, has set aside Friday mornings for a casual get-together – open to all. Discussions can be around golf in general, golf operations, what’s coming up next, opinions, etc. Commencing May 5th – 8.30am/9.15am. Phone the ProShop for further information: 208.347.2555
Our GolfPro David Boles will be introducing a new, free Junior summer program for parents/grandparents who have children/ grandchildren visiting them. The premise being an opportunity to “shadow” the GolfPro for a couple of hours. A sign-up list of times and dates available will be at the ProShop for those interested in having their young golfer or guest involved. It’s an opportunity for any junior golfer or teen to have a glimpse of a behind the scenes golf operation. Age is a consideration as it’s not intended to be a sitting service so the participant must be able to understand and do small tasks. For ages 10-16, boys or girls and not more than 2 per session with a time limit of 2 hours. Further details will soon be listed on the website and will be posted at the ProShop, OSPREY and at other suitable locations. Commencing June 1st through September 1st.